Robert Charles is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of users. As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what doesn’t, which helps make our communications more effective. The more information we have, the more efficiently we are able to operate.
We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe. Please read this policy carefully, and any other documents referred to in this policy, to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
Why we collect information
We collect information every time you interact with us. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. We collect two kinds of information from visitors to our website:
- non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as requesting details about our kitchen design service. The information is needed to fulfil your request. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our website. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Usage of information
- record any contact we have with you; and
- fulfil requests for our services.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing. In other cases we will not disclose any of your personal data except in accordance with this policy, or when we have your permission, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect the rights, property and safety of Robert Charles, or others. This includes disclosing your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
How we keep your data safe
We aim to ensure that there are appropriate physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect your personal details. Our website may from time to time contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Despite all of our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention that you do so at your own risk.
- Collect anonymous statistics – it’s really useful for us to be able to see which pages are the most popular and how people are using them.
- Social media – if you use Twitter or Facebook, cookies can help smooth the sharing process between our site and your online feeds.
- Measuring how cost-effective our advertising is – as a small company, we need to watch our advertising spend carefully. Cookies are used to help us see how many people who click our adverts go on to do something further (for example, making contact via out online form). These cookies expire after 30 days of inactivity and do not contain information that can personally identify you.
Website cookie acceptance
Turning cookies off
How to change your cookie settings in:
Changes to this policy
We may amend or update this policy at any time to take account of any changes to data protection law or other legislation. When further updates to the policy are made they will be posted on this page, but rest assured we won’t ever make any other changes to the way we use your data without asking you first.
The laws that dictate how your personal information can be used are:
This document was last updated September 2020.